Thursday 24 April 2008

Woza 2010

Finally we are getting somewhere even if is slowly.My car was due for a service so I decide to take a taxi to work instead of working from home. There is something new on the road if you travel from Pretoria to Jozi or visa versa you don’t you cash but you buy a meter card. At the door there will be someone who will swipe your card and let you in, first you must ensure that when you buy you card they activate it because other give problems. Now any one can sit in front seat. I took the front seat, which I vowed I would never take after I made a mass in a taxi. In Gauteng there are no “Sgcabha boy” conductors if you live out of this province so a passenger who can count normally help the drivers to collect, count and give back change where it is due.

Today it was my turn as I came late and the guy next to the Driver wasn’t even a South African so the onus fell on me. I collected the money for all the passengers and gave them change but there was one person who didn’t pay. I gave back money to people and that didn’t help, as one person didn’t get her money. The driver stopped the bus and said we must make a plan even if that means we all pay extra 70cents. That was going to be a nightmare so I volunteered to pay the full R19.00, as I was the one who dealt with money. When I arrived in the office I realized that the passenger who didn’t pay was I. I said to myself never again would I take a front seat if I use a taxi.

Now things have changed woza 2010. I tried to engage the driver about this gadget but he didn’t seem to know much even though he acted big. He said it anew thing that monitors them in order to make extra money (which sounded dodgy to me) and that it monitors their speed. But I am convinced he was bluffing. How much do you know about these cards?

No comments: